Bowland Ecology Ltd is a consultancy practice which specialises in providing advice to clients to: minimise potentially harmful effects to wildlife; and to seek opportunities to provide benefits for wildlife. Much of the work carried out by the company has a direct impact upon improving the environment. However, we recognise that the activities carried out by the business can have a detrimental effect upon the environment.
The management of Bowland Ecology recognises the environmental consequences of the company’s activities. The company is committed to seeking out and implementing measures to reduce our environmental impact. The company undertakes to monitor and revise, where necessary, our procedures and practices to ensure continual improvement and to minimise environmental damage.
- This policy has been developed to meet the requirements of ISO 140001:2004 and to comply with all relevant environmental legislation, and the codes of practice promoted by the Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management and the Society for the Environment.
- Our Environmental Policy will be available to view on our website to ensure that this information can be obtained by all interest parties including the public.
- This policy will be communicated to all staff. Staff will be involved in the development and review of this policy.
- The company will promote and develop improved standards of working to ensure efficient use of energy and materials. This will include using recycled materials, and procurement of goods and services from suppliers with an Environmental Policy and sustainable approach to their business. The company will reuse resources whenever possible rather than dispose of them.
- Given the nature of the work of the company, all staff are committed to reducing their impact on the environment. The Company will continuously support and promote this commitment.
- The company will strive to make business travel efficient to reduce emissions.
- The company will be committed to constantly learning about how we can further improve our environmental practices/resource efficiency.
Our policy will be regularly reviewed, with updates included as and when current objectives are met and new ones are identified.
Jeremy James, Company Director
30th March 2009 Date of Next Review: 30th March 2010