We are seeking to recruit an Ecologist. The post will be permanent, full time and based in our office in New Lanark, Scotland. Salary for the position is negotiable and based on experience. Staff objectives are based on the CIEEM competency framework and we place a strong emphasis on continuing staff development via external and in house training. All roles require a full driving licence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, hands – on, project managing ecologist with experience of working as part of a team. The successful candidates will ideally have:
- a degree in a relevant discipline
- 2 + years’ experience as an Ecologist, with appropriate technical and project management experience
- a good understanding of the role of consultants within the commercial sector
- Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species survey capability
- a survey licence for one or more protected species would be desirable
- experience of designing and implementing simple ecological mitigation schemes;
- experience in writing technical reports
- ECoW experience and CSCS would be advantageous
Application for is by covering letter and CV to Bowland Ecology Ltd, 2 York Street, Clitheroe, Lancashire, BB7 2DL or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 3rd February Interview dates: 9th-10th February. Prospective start date: early March.